
It's our sealing anniversary!!! Seven years ago today, we were sealed in the Portland Temple for time and all eternity! What a wonderful day that was!
We had our family there and a few people from the branch that we lived in when Faith was born. It was just a close group of friends who understood how important this day was for us. We had prayed for this even before Faith was born. In order for Faith to be sealed to us, Faith's birth father needed to give up his parental rights. That seemed impossible in the beginning, but he signed over his rights when Faith was 6 months old. The Lord knows what He is doing. We trusted Him from the beginning. Then the adoption would have to be signed and approved by a judge. We needed to have the adoption decree for her to be sealed to us. We were worried that it would not come by our sealing date. It arrived 3 days before! I know the Lord was watching out for our little family.
It's been nice to reflect on that day. My morning and afternoon had me pretty stressed. I'm still having issues with our pool and then my sewing machine broke, so I was pretty frazzled. I wanted to go visit the temple for FHE tonight and talk about this special day for our family, but we didn't make it there. I started feeling peaceful again as we began talking about the temple and the blessings it has given our family. It reminded me that the little things that get to me don't really matter when you focus on the big picture.
It was nice looking back at the pictures. I really wish that we had some better pictures from that day. We just have some snapshots that my family took. We didn't even get a good family picture together. I have journal entries from that day and fun reading them. I rem
ember how sweet Faith looked when they brought her in to us. She was just like an angel! It makes me sad that I don't have the dress that she was sealed in though. We were planning on getting one at the distribution center that morning and they didn't have her size. She had to wear one from the temple. They also put a satin bow in her hair that we did get to keep. We also bought her a baby CTR ring to remember the day.
We had our family there and a few people from the branch that we lived in when Faith was born. It was just a close group of friends who understood how important this day was for us. We had prayed for this even before Faith was born. In order for Faith to be sealed to us, Faith's birth father needed to give up his parental rights. That seemed impossible in the beginning, but he signed over his rights when Faith was 6 months old. The Lord knows what He is doing. We trusted Him from the beginning. Then the adoption would have to be signed and approved by a judge. We needed to have the adoption decree for her to be sealed to us. We were worried that it would not come by our sealing date. It arrived 3 days before! I know the Lord was watching out for our little family.
6 comments:
That WAS a special day. I remember the feeling in the sealing room when they brought Faith in. You and I had a special witness that Heavenly Father had a plan for you and Faith. Jared had his own witness and was brave enough to follow through. You guys are such a witness of Heavenly Father's willingness to bless obedience and sacrifice. He has given you such great blessings and you have laid the foundation for other little spirits to grow in and be blessed. I love you! And I LOVE that you remember days like this and they are important to you.
Happy Anniversary! I remember our first time in the temple together being sealed to my parents and then again to William and the love of family, friends and of our heavenly father. They were both the most magical and wonderful days.
These are wonderful and magical moments that you will remember for ever and ever. The love and blessings of Heavenly Father will be with you thru out your days her and after.
((HUGS))
That made me tear up reading about your sweet memories. How lucky for Faith to belong to a family who truely understands the blessings of eternity.
Camdyn loves her bag....thanks for taking time out of your morning to make them with us!
That was a really cool day for me, too. It was really special to see my older sister get sealed in the temple (although I wasn't actually in there). At that time, I knew the temple was somewhere I was supposed to go in the future and to see you go through it was an example to me. You had worked hard and stayed strong. Looking back on your life even, is a testiment of the Gospel to me. Seriously. I see how you have been watched out for and provided for and there is no way I can deny our Heavenly Father. I love you!
What a special day for you! Faith was such a cutie! Still is! I am so glad that everything has worked out for you!
Post a Comment