Sunday, July 6, 2008

Purse making

I had the opportunity last week to teach the girls in Activity Days in our ward how to make purses out of juice pouches. It's something that I taught myself to do a few years ago. In the past, I was able to teach the Young Women in my old ward and did a class for our stake Super Saturday one year. I'm glad that I was able to share this hobby of mine with some more people and get rid of my stash of Capri Suns!

I was so pleased with how everything went with the activity. The timing was perfect and we had plenty of help. The moms and leaders helped with the sewing part, but the girls did most of it themselves. I really had a fun time doing this. They were a lot of fun to work with. The morning before it started was stressful to me, but once I was at the church and setting things up, it was very calming. The only troubling thing for me was that my sewing machine started acting up half-way through the activity, which was a little frusrating. I really need to get it in to be fixed. At least it worked until another machine was available. The Lord watched over us in even the smallest things. I am grateful for that.













These are a few other purses that I have made.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Thank you so much Erika! It was such a fun activity! The girls loved it!

Coastalgrannie said...

That looks so fun! I'm glad you have the patience to share your creativity. The girls will remember and love their purses forever. You still have stuff from your YW days, don't you? You helped them create a keepsake they will treasure and share. Faith is a lucky little girl! With you to teach her - and you've done so many fun things together already - she will have many skills to share with her daughters. I love you!

Chrissy said...

I'm glad it was such a success! The pics of all the purses are really cute!