Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Back on stuck!"

Cayden can say the funniest things sometimes. I love his expressions. Others still have a hard time understanding what he says, but the speech therapy has really helped. I usually don't have a problem understanding what he is trying to say.

He was so funny tonight. Cayden and Faith were playing a Muppets racing game on the PlayStation ( the original one...we are behind on the whole video game thing). Well, Cayden was trying to play. He's only 3 and doesn't know how the to work the controller to drive his car. He was so patient though. Jared would help him get his car going and as soon as he would take over, he would get stuck against a wall, or rock, or something. He'd say, "Cayden back on stuck. Back on stuck, May(Faith). Back on stuck, Daddy." We'd help him get his car going again and he'd say, "Alright! Back on track! Daddy get me back on track!" Cayden would take over and get stuck again. "Aah, back on stuck! Help. Me back on stuck!" So, we'd help again and "Back on track!" which quickly turned into "Back on stuck again!" It was cute.

I love how he describes things. He has a unique way of expressing himself. Just like in a previous post about his "tall, tall, tall noise" experience. He also uses "tall, tall, tall happy" and "tall, tall, tall sad". One of my favorite sayings of his is "way tuna" (way too much), which translates to "I want a lot". He wants "way tuna crackers" and "way tuna ice cream". He wants us to give him more than what we usually give him. If it's not the amount he's hoping for he says, "Not way tuna. Cayden want way tuna." As his speech improves, I think I will miss the way he talks. I will be grateful when he can be understood by others though. But I'm sure I will be sad when "May" finally turns into "Faith". That is probably a long ways off. It took 6 months for "Bu" to turn into "Bu-na" (Brenna). I wonder if Faith will miss being called "May". She likes his nickname for her.

3 comments:

Coastalgrannie said...

I love his expressions too. You have to write them down like this so we will have them when he starts dating. His future wife will want to know all his cute little sayings and actions. I hope he keeps "May," too. I love that. I wish I more of your recorded - besides "heli-cock-coute" It's one of the best things about this age.

Stacey said...

I think he should just keep calling her May. It can be their own personal thing. We always think we'll remember things our kids do and say and unless it's documented I'll forget a year down the road. Good for him in his improvement. My sister in law is a speech pathologist. It's amazing what kids can be retrained to do/learn.

tashia said...

aww i think that his nick name for her is cute i remember when chelsey kept callin her fay when they were younger. it is cute how little kids who are just startin to talk will come up with nick names i think the name may is a good nick name to keep