I was at a picnic too, but I was about an hour away at Champoeg State Park for a company picnic. I occasionally do clown work and this was the third time I've worked since we moved to Vancouver. It's been 8 months since my last job. I am very out-of-practice. I think the three times I've done it here might b
e the only times I've done it since Cayden was born, except for face painting at the State Fair, which I haven't done for 2 years. I just do it when they need the help.
I had a fun time doing it though and I really can't complain about the pay. It can be hard to get all ready and travel 45min to do an hour birthday party. Sometimes it doesn't seem worth it then. I like doing the picnics and events where I'm there for 3 or 4 hours. It's more worth the hassle that it can be sometimes. Since I don't do this very often, my "face" changes every time I get dressed up. I can never remember or I don't like what I did the last time and I still haven't found the perfect "face" for me. What stays the same is t
he costume, the eyelashes, and the hair. My hair is too thick to fit in a wig, so I just always pull it up. I think it can be less scary for the kids who are afraid of clowns. I try to be more of a cute clown. I don't want kids to me scared of me.
I had fun being "Daisy", but I was glad to be home. I was gone five hours, but only worked three. It felt SO good to take off the eyelashes and let my hair down! I cleaned up and then started dinner while Jared took a nap. I wanted to sleep too because I had a headache from not getting to eat. I was also pretty tired. Being around so many kids and being extra perky and bubbly can really drain my energy. It was a long day for both Jared and I!
6 comments:
I had no idea you do clown work! You are definitely a cute clown!
Yay! Clown pictures, I love them! You looked really good and cute, not scary. I remember when Samara and I were at your place in Salem and we painted things on each other. You painted thongs on your feet, lol.
You look too cute as a clown! I remember you saying you did this as a side thing but never had a chance to see you all "clowned" up.
And you don't look scary at all - I personally don't like clowns because they usually look scary but your cute and wouldn't scare anyone.
What an impressive weekend. You are an adorable clown. Who knew??
Balloon animals! More balloon animals! I love those. Grandma has your clown picture on her refrigerator. I see you like that every day. Didn't Faith used to say "mama" every time she saw a clown, when she was little? You were doing it more often then.
All these talents you have! I love that you share them all with us! I'll remember you next time I host a birthday party!
Post a Comment