I used to love going to the tide pools here when I was younger. We would come here every time we came up to visit my grandparents. When I was living in Waldport, I would come here a lot with my friends and family. It was fun being there with my family again. I was surprised when we realized that I have never been there with Jared! It was his and the kids first time at the tide pools and they loved it. Cayden had fun on the rocks. We saw starfish, muscles, tiny fish, crabs, snails, sea anemones, lots of seaweed, and other sea life.
We made it up about three flights and Faith was too scared to go any higher. She went back down to wait with Jared and I continued on up with Cayden. He couldn't wait to get to the top! We climbed the allowed 111 of the 114 stairs up to the lens. The view is absolutely gorgeous! I hope that Faith will get to see it some time.
We met my parents at the park entrance to say goodbye and give them our park pass so they could take Samara and Scott to see the light house. The kids slept until we reached Salem and we stopped for dinner. We had such a fun time while we were on the Coast. I really wish that we could make it over there more often.
Cayden looking out at the ocean.
Looking to the South
Looking to the North
Looking up
Everyone came up to our house Sunday afternoon. We had dinner and then played "Ticket to Ride" again. Samara and Scott flew back to Utah early Monday morning. It was fun hanging out with them in a stress-free environment. It was pretty crazy last summer at the weddings. I'm so glad that Jared took the time off work so we could have fun with them as a family.


2 comments:
Brenna is getting so big and cute. Cant wait to see her.
Matt
You did such a nice job with this. I looked forward to seeing each section as you completed it. Thank you for being the pioneer blogger! It was so much fun having you guys stay! Hooray for "eye problems"!
Post a Comment