Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I was so happy that Jared was able to spend most of Father's Day with us. We didn't get to serve him breakfast in bed because he had to be at work for an overtime shift early in the morning. He was almost forced to work the second flight which would mean that he would miss church. They forced another officer further down on the list to come in and work instead. I was grateful to be able to attend church as a family.

The Primary sang in sacrament and since Jared had to work on Mother's Day, it was his first time seeing Cayden sing. Cayden was so funny too. Last time he was behind the podium and you couldn't see him, but he stood beside it this time. Faith was hidden behind it this time and you could just see her eyes over it. Cayden was so excited to sing and was one of the first kids up, sporting his gold medal from our Olympics on Saturday. He is so proud of that medal. The Bishop even commented on the "Skinner Boy" wearing his medal to church and the congregation all laughed together. Well, when he got up there, he waved really big and shouts, "Hi Daddy!". Everyone giggled again. It will be interesting to see him during the Primary Presentation coming up in October. Sunbeams are so funny to watch because they are usually doing whatever they can to keep themselves occupied. There always seems to be one who really stands out because they are licking themselves or licking the stand, or picking their nose, or some other off the wall thing that children tend to do. I'm sure Cayden will be that child this year! Maybe he will develop a little more self control before then, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

After church, Jared took a nap while I finished up dinner. He has worked a lot of overtime this weekend and tried to get some much needed sleep. I made him lasagna, which is his favorite, with salad and homemade french bread. The kids and I tried to make the day special for him. He works hard to support our family and I'm grateful for everything that he does. I love how he takes time to play and read with the kids and helps out with the housework when I'm having a hard day. He is a great husband and father and I love him very much!

1 comment:

Coastalgrannie said...

I can see WHY Cayden was so proud of his medal! They're HOT!! Yo guys look so cute! What a great ward activity. I loved that they circulated a torch before the games!

Hey - changed my blog. Went simpler. We with the simple minds need that. Love you