I can't believe that my baby is now one! I feel that it is bitter-sweet. I look forward to watching her continue to grow and learn, but I miss the "baby" things too. I enjoy every stage they go through and am sad when it comes to an end, but I know I will enjoy the next one too.
Brenna's birthday is today, but we had a party for her Sunday after church while my family was here to celebrate with us. We barbecued my cola burger. My step-dad hopes I'll make them any time he comes for a visit. It was fun celebrating with everyone. Brenna wasn't in a party mood though. She got pink eye on Saturday and so her eyes have been red and swollen in all her pictures. She hasn't been too happy.
She sure loved her cake! After we got her cleaned up in the bath, we did the presents. She enjoyed the paper and boxes almost as much as the toys. It's funny how babies are that way. Cayden and Preston were more than willing to help Brenna open her gifts. She still doesn't quite get it. She enjoyed pulling off pieces of paper and handing them to Grandma. At that party, Brenna got the Bounce & Spin Zebra from us, a push & pull wagon from Grandma & Grandpa Archer, linking rings from Heather & Matt's family, and cards from Grandma Freeman and Grandma & Grandpa Skinner with money for her to go shopping with. She tried eating the cards and also feeding them to Preston!
We still wanted to do something to celebrate on the day of her birthday. She wasn't a very happy girl today though. Most of the day was spent crying and cleaning her eyes. I feel so bad because her eyes look so sore and it's not how I wanted her to spend her special day. Jared brought her a balloon when he came home from work and we got her a cupcake critter and she opened presents from Faith and Cayden. She got a new outfit and a seahorse that glows and plays music.
Most of the day was spent crying. If you click on the picture, you can see her goopy eye.
Happy Birthday to our "Brinny Boo" We love you more than words can express and have cherished everyday of this year with you. I know that we will make many more memories in the years to come! We love you!



1 comment:
Happy Birthday Brenna! So sad about her poor eyes!
Post a Comment