Today in Primary we were reviewing our songs for Father's Day next week. I left church this afternoon with my cheeks hurting from smiling so much! I started teaching them a new song two weeks ago that was published in the Ensign many years back. I've been a little worried about how well they were learning it, but today I felt the spirit so strong as those children sang their hearts out. They have picked up the song very well. I was impressed how well Junior Primary did with it, because it takes them a little longer to pick up on the songs. They sang their hearts out though to see if their friends and their dads could hear them singing down the hall. Lately, Senior Primary, has been struggling with reverence. I was a little worried how they would do with the activity I had planned, but I don't think it could have gone any better. I had given one of the teachers an old tie to wear and it was supposed to be his favorite tie. I would choose those who were being reverent and singing so that we could feel the spirit to come and cut a piece of this teacher's tie off. They had to remain reverent after a piece was cut off to get chosen to come up. Normally, they would start cheering and getting excited about something like this, but they were fabulous. They loved it and Bro. Feik was excellent with this! He even pulled out his pocket knife and was pretending to cut off one of the boys ties while his was being snipped. I smiled so much, my face hurt. I just couldn't stop smiling, even after church was over. I love when I can find something that gets them ALL singing and they don't even realize that they are singing the same song over and over again. The spirit just feel the room and they give me goosebumps. They think that is pretty funny.
I have really grown to love this calling and the children I get to share my testimony with. I love that I get to see their testimonies grow and feel their sweet spirits as they sing and learn these songs. It took me a LONG time to feel that this is something that I can do and to start enjoying this calling. I have been doing this a year now and my hands are just starting to stop shaking when I get up in front of everyone. This has been the hardest calling for me starting out because it was all my insecurities all rolled into one calling! But I believe that I have grown from it and have really come to love this calling. Other music leaders have told me that this was the best calling in the church and I used to think they were CRAZY! Now, I guess I'm one of the crazy ones because I agree. This definitely is my favorite so far! Wow, I can't believe that I reached that point. I used to dread singing time on Sundays, and now it part of my favorite time of the week.
1 comment:
You do such a great job. Gabby loves primary because of YOU!
Post a Comment