Last week Brenna and I started watching Baby Signing Time DVDs that my mom had given to me for her. She thought that they might help Cayden too. Cayden likes doing the signs and Brenna did her first sign the other day. "Eat" is the sign we've done the most and she has done a couple of times when I offer her something to eat. I was so excited to see her pick up on it so quick! She won't do it every time, but I love that she is making the connection. I wish I knew about the DVDs 6 months ago. I started signing "baby" with her today and she picked up on it right away! It is so cute to see her doing the sign. I was able to get a quick video of her doing the sign after before she took her bath. We had burritos for dinner and you can see the beans all over her. She can get messy when she eats!
I'm excited for her to pick up on other signs and have a way to be able to communicate with her and understand what she is wanting. I know it will cut down on frustration and tantrums she will have when she is trying to express her needs and not being able to put it into words.She isn't talking yet, so signing will be really helpful. When Faith was two, I baby sat a baby who signed and if made things so much easier not having to guess what he wanted or was upset about. It was a blessing then and I think it will be a blessing now.
3 comments:
Mckinley loves Signing times I record the 7am Sunday morning on PBS every week
That is SO cute! She's a smart girl! Taping the TV show is a good idea, too!
This is adorable!! I want to see more clips of her signing!
Post a Comment