Saturday, June 21, 2008

Some things that made me smile


This week Jared has been working out in Hillsboro covering for an officer on leave and so his hours have been different. He is usually gone before we wake up. The first day that Jared got ready for work, Cayden was determined to go with him! He got dressed as fast as he could expecting to come along. Jared told him that he couldn't come and that he would be very bored. There would be no toys for him to play with. Cayden being the problem solver that he is, packed a stash of toys and books in his backpack so that he could go. He even added some snacks and his cup when he saw Jared getting his lunch. We kept telling him that he couldn't come and he always came back with, "Cayden can come!!". I love that he wants to spend time with his dad and it was so cute seeing him all ready to go, but sad that he couldn't. If he could have gotten out the door or climbed out the window, he would have buckled himself in his car seat. He kept crying, "Open door, Mommy!" Luckily, that was the only day he tried to go to work with Jared. I thought that this would be a hard week for him.

I also was able to teach the kids at primary how to make balloon animals for the quarterly activity this week. It was a like a carnival to kick-off summer. I tried making Cayden a Spiderman while I was figuring out what animals would be easiest to teach them. It wasn't the best, but he loved it. It's been awhile since I've done any clowning and I needed to brush up a little bit on my balloon twisting a bit. I went with the very basic dog, giraffe, elephant, and snake. As I started teaching them, I realized that I really could only teach them one as a group. I just couldn't be in four groups at once. It was fun seeing all the kids with their balloons. My primary kids can always make me smile!

2 comments:

Arya said...

It is wonderful to know he loves his daddy so much but sad at the same time he couldn't go with him. Maybe another time....

And how cute are those animals with the balloons and I know my little guys would just die over that spiderman and Ruthie would just love to have a ruffie and meow (aka dog & cat). Looks like everyone had a blast.

Chrissy said...

That pic of Jared and Cayden is so cute and the story is even cuter! I love that you're doing this blog because otherwise, that might have been only a memory that could be forgotten. Maybe when he's older he can go to work with Daddy for a little bit.