Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

We went down to Roseburg to spend Thanksgiving with Jared's sister and her family this year. With Jared's schedule, it is difficult to make plans. We didn't find out what he would be working for Thanksgiving until two days before. He ended up getting off early on Wednesday and had Thursday off. Even though it was a quick overnight visit, I'm really grateful that we were able to spend the holiday with family. We would have liked to stay longer and visit with more of Jared's family, but it wasn't possible.

We had a great visit with the Williams'. The kids loved playing with their cousins. Faith was able to try out fencing with her cousin, Liam. Jared spent much of the time playing video games with our nephew, Ammon. We had to head home after dinner and take our pie to go because Jared had to work early Friday morning. I love being with family and it just never seems long enough. We are hoping to see more of Jared's family in the next few weeks and I'm looking forward to having my family come for Christmas. Holidays are always better with family!

1 comment:

Coastalgrannie said...

I'm glad you got to get together with them. It's too bad they live so far away. Having cousins is only fun when you get to see them!