Our nation apparently wants change and have elected Obama as it's next president. Obama reminds me of Amalickiah from the Book of Mormon. He was a Nephite traitor who was desirous to be king. He was very cunning and led people away by telling them what they wanted to hear to get their support."Yea, we see that Amalickiah, because he was a man of cunning device and a man of many flattering words, that he led away the hearts of many people to do wickedly; yea, and to seek to destroy the church of God, and to destroy the foundation of liberty which God had granted unto them, or which blessing God had sent upon the face of the land for the righteous’ sake." (Alma 46:10)
The future of our country scares me. I don't like where we are heading. What is going on with our nation makes me think about when King Mosiah was proposing that judges be chosen instead of a king. He knew what could happen with an unrighteous leader.
(Mosiah 29:25-27)
25 Therefore, choose you by the voice of this people, judges, that ye may be judged according to the laws which have been given you by our fathers, which are correct, and which were given them by the hand of the Lord.
26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.
27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.
Like in verse 27, people are choosing iniquity. It makes me so sad. Our country once had a righteous majority, but it is slipping away! I'm just glad that Measure 8 in Califonia (the ban on gay marriage) passed. There are still enough righteous to protect things that are sacred. But with Democrats having control of the House, Senate, and the Presidency ... where is the balance that is supposed to protect our nation? All I can say is that it really concerns me.
3 comments:
Ditto girl! I agree wholeheartedly. It is very sad. What makes me the saddest are my friends who are excited for him to be president. I think just read the scriptures people and you can see that we are headed for hard times!
When I listend to McCain's speech election night I was SO empressed with his comments. I wasn't prepared for the reaction I had. He struck me as a truly great man. I flashed again and again with the similarities with King Benjamin's speech. The next few years will be interesting. This isn't a time when I would be lax in prayers and scripture reading...
I don't believe anything he says.
Post a Comment