Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fun with Faith

Jared and I each had an opportunity to spend some special time with Faith last week. Twice a month, Faith has an activity at church that the 8-12 year olds get to attend. They had a father-daughter activity this month where they had a dinner and carved pumpkins. Faith was really excited about getting to do this with her dad. Jared isn't into taking pictures, so I have none to post. I should have taken one when they came home, but I didn't get the chance. They had fun together. Faith loves to go on daddy-daughter dates.

She has been really wanting to go and do something special with me and Jared gave us that opportunity. I told Faith that we were going to have a special evening together, but I wouldn't tell her what we were doing. It was going to be a surprise. She kept trying to guess all week what we were going to do. She loved the suspense. On Friday (10/24) we left just before dinner and I told her we would go have dinner at the mall.

She was a little confused when we started heading towards Portland (during rush hour traffic) instead of North, toward the mall. I took her to the Lloyd Center for dinner and to just hang out at the mall. She picked out dinner and was super excited she could order shrimp, one of her favorites. We ate and watched ice skater during their lessons. She shopped around and bought a Webkins with her money. We spent an hour or so window shopping. When I told her it was time for us to go, she was a little upset that we didn't have time to get some ice cream and wanted to stay longer because we hadn't been out very long. I told her then that we had something else to go do that we didn't want to be late for. Her curiosity was sparked when we passed up our car and took off for a walk. We caught the Max to the Rose Garden for our entertainment for the evening!
As we arrived, she still had no idea what we were doing. I was so excited, but she was getting a little nervous. She wasn't too impressed when I told her we were going to where the Blazers play basketball. Watching basketball didn't seem like fun to her. I showed her our tickets and she still wasn't too sure what we were doing. Once she understood, she was in shock a little bit. She didn't even realize that they were doing High School Musical on ice!

It had been hard for me to keep it a secret from her because I was so excited to be taking her. Jared had bought the tickets and then told me afterwards that he got them for us! I love HSM just as much as she does. We had great seats thanks to having to be relocated due to the fact that they moved the stage up and we would have been seat backstage! A friend of Faith's was seated two rows behind us and another family from church was four seats down from us.

The show included HSM 1 & 2. It was great, but I embarrassed Faith a little bit. I was singing along with the songs and dancing and clapping in my seat like everyone else. Faith can be very shy and was embarrassed to get into the show, but she was clapping along by the end. It was just so much fun!
We stopped to get some ice cream on the way home since we didn't have time to get some at the mall. We had a great time together. Now we can't wait to go see High School Musical 3! Here are some of our shots from the show:





1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Yay! I've been waiting for this post! That's so cool that you two were able to do such a fun thing together, and that was awesome of Jared to surprise both of you in a way.