We had a fun Halloween this year. Cayden has been looking forward to going trick-or-treating ever since we got his costume. Their costumes have been ready to go for weeks now( except Faith's hat), which usually isn't the case. I'm usually sewing right up until they need to wear them. We bought Cayden's costume this year because I didn't even want to attempt to make a Spiderman. We mixed and matched Faith's costume together this year. She wanted to be Hannah Montana until she saw a pumpkinish dance costume at Goodwill and decided to be a pumpkin witch instead. I only had to make her hat (which was done the night before) and I made her cape last year. I made Brenna a little tutu and a cape for her ladybug wings to keep her warm. I found a ladybug pullover at Goodwill that I picked up because it had the perfect antenna. She wouldn't keep anything I made her in her hair, so it worked out perfectly and looked so cute together!
I made our dinner early in the day so that it would be ready by the time that Faith got home from school. There would be no time to make it later. It is a tradition of ours to hav
e Dinner in a Pumpkin this time of year. Not always on Halloween, but this year we did. The kids think it's so funny to eat dinner out of a pumpkin. They like to check on it in the oven and watch it cook. The pumpkin doesn't look so nice when it comes out of the oven, but oh so good!It is one of their favorite dinners.
The kiddos changed into their costumes after Faith was home from school and we headed to the mall for trick-or-treating . My friend and her son came along with us.

I made our dinner early in the day so that it would be ready by the time that Faith got home from school. There would be no time to make it later. It is a tradition of ours to hav
The kiddos changed into their costumes after Faith was home from school and we headed to the mall for trick-or-treating . My friend and her son came along with us.
We spent an hour and a half trick-or-treating at the mall. There were a lot of kids there and I love seeing all the cute and creative costumes. Cayden was the only Black Spiderman we saw. There were lots of witches, but Faith's costume was one of a kind. And there were a few ladybugs, but none as cute as Brenna (we thought).
They were pretty worn out when we got home and it was only 5:30, so there was more trick-or-treating to be had. We had our Dinner in a Pumpkin and then got ready to take them out again. Faith and Cayden didn't really want to go out anymore, but I drug them out anyways. They could either come trick-or-treating or go to bed, so they opted to go get some candy. Jared stayed home and passed out candy. We just went around the block and they were wanting to go back home. They didn't even care to hit up the houses on the way home. With going out twice, they have a nice haul of candy, which will be slowly rationed out.
The weather ended up being great for trick-or-treating. It rained earlier in the day, but cleared up nicely. There weren't very many trick-or-treaters out in our neighborhood for some reason. Last year there was a pretty good turn out, but nothing close this year. I think we only saw 4 or five other little groups. Maybe next year we will go to a neighborhood that has more families out. I would feel safer that way.



3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a good time. The kids costumes are darling. You should come trick or treat in Maplecrest and Morning Star View. We have tons of trick or treaters.
Wow what a haul! Great idea to hit the mall first and then hit the neighbors! Sounds like it was a fun day!
Fun night! The costumes all looked great! That's funny about the dinner in a pumpkin. We had that for dinner at Heather's Halloween party and it was way good. A recipe I'm getting for sure. That would be a good tradition. You're such a good mom and the kids are lucky to have you! You're amazing. And thanks for approving of my curtains. Since you're a sewing genius it means a lot! Love you!
Post a Comment