
We had a chan
ce to check out Zoo Lights Friday night. The zoo was doing a members preview and since we just have the basic membership, it was our only chance to go for free. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. We did need to park in the overflow lot and take a shuttle to the zoo, but the wait wasn't too long. The weather was perfect too...not too cold and no rain!


The kids loved seeing all the lights! The trees and walkways were colorful and bright. Light sculputures were everywhere. I wish my camera were better at capturing the sight. It was beautiful.
Most of the animal exhibits were closed. They did get to go through the frog exhibit they have going right now. Brenna didn't seem to be too impressed with the lights, but when she saw an animal, she came to life! She loved watching the fish and the otter. The barn animals were also open and Brenna LOVED petting the goats. Faith even went in the pen and pet the goat! That is a first for her. She is scared of most animals.


Brenna also came to life when she saw the train go by. It was quite a sight all decked out in lights. She would wave to everyone as it passed by. We didn't go on it because the line to buy tickets and ride was just WAY too long. Cayden was tired and cranky and waiting in those lines would have been miserable for him. He didn't like waiting in line for the shuttle bus. Maybe next year we will ride the train.

We stopped at Krispy Kreme afterwards for doughnuts. We were thrilled when they had their sign on! The glazed doughnuts are the best hot and fresh! We thought it was a great way to end our fun evening!
4 comments:
That is awesome! I was researching a little bit ago the festive things they have in Portland and I read about the lights at the Zoo. That's cool that you guys went and had fun and mmmmm....warm krispy kremes!!
Yum! Krispy Kreme! I think I need some now!
I have always wanted to go but never got a chance to go - something always came up...What great memories - looks like you guys had fun.
I have always wanted to do this! next time invite me.
Post a Comment