Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our Christmas

Christmas was extra special for us this year because it was a White Christmas, Jared didn't have to work, AND we got to spend it with family! I thought it was perfect. Although we missed being able to spend it with my sister and her husband, we did have my parents and grandma with us. I was grateful to be able to spend Christmas with family, even if they weren't with us for the initial gift opening.
Cayden was the first one up that morning and I don't think that he really knew what day it was because he climbed in bed with us and stayed there for half an hour waiting for it to be time to get up. Jared and I didn't want to get up because we were up until 3am! Cayden hadn't even gone out to see what Santa brought. When Faith woke up, that was when all the excitement started.

They were eager to get their stockings and find out what Santa had brought. Faith got a pair of Heelys, Cayden got an Imaginext Batman toy, and Brenna's gift was a Little Tikes shopping cart. After going through the treasures in their stockings, they opened the rest of the gifts...expect for the ones from Grandma and Grandpa Archer. We wanted to open their gifts with them.


Once they arrived, we enjoyed German Pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast. Then the gift opening continued. Grandma and Grandpa's gifts were the hit of Christmas for Faith and Cayden. Faith was super excited to finally get a Nintendo DS and Animal Crossing and Mario Cart games. She's been asking for a DS since this Summer. Cayden got a GeoTrax airport MegaSet. Our family also was blessed with an awesome quiet book that my mom has been working on and some very cool church books.

I loved watching the kids open their presents AND have it snowing outside. I couldn't believe how much it snowed that day. It just seemed like magic and I was so happy! I'd love to have a White Christmas every year, I think. Faith and Cayden weren't interested in playing in the snow; they spent the day playing with their new toys. We rarely saw Faith without her DS and she was gliding on her Heelys when she got a chance (she really wished we still had wood floors). Cayden just went from toy to toy, always returning to play with his airplane. Brenna ran around in her tu-tu Faith made for her and loved watching her new Baby Signing Time DVD. She has already picked up on many of the new signs. I was surprised when I opened a set of new dishes, which we used for Christmas dinner instead of my china. We have been wanting a new set for a while!

The only thing that I would change about Christmas would be having my sister here to spend it with us like we have been planning since August. We all missed them!

1 comment:

Arya said...

The boys got DS's too - it's all they like to play with. Aaron got the ds lite & we found an original DS for Sam (both in the colors they wanted!). Looks like everyone had a blast. It's too bad about the weather, but it looks like you guys had a great day.