I wanted December to be full of family fun and memories. Although we didn't get to do everything on our list due to weather or lack of time... here are some of the things we did enjoy together.

The kids loved decorating our Christmas tree. I spent everyday redecorating it, thanks to Brenna. I also ended up having a shelf full of "safe" ornaments that need to be fixed. By the time Christmas rolled around, only half the tree was decorated!

We shopped for Christmas gifts to donate to a women's shelter. We thought Cayden would have a hard time giving away the toys he picked out, but he really did understand what we were doing and why.

We made suckers for the first time.

Painting snowflakes to hang in the window was fun.

While my parents were in town, we went to PIR for the Festival of Lights. It was really neat having it covered in snow!

Jared took the kids swimming at my parents' hotel.

We always love to played games when we get together with family.

It's a tradition of our to have a birthday party for Jesus. I tell the nativity story with a cake I have and each candle is a part of the story. We have birthday cake and eat "Babes in a Manger". We left a piece of cake for Santa instead of cookies.

We wanted to decorate cookies before Christmas, but it didn't happen. So we did cookies for New Year's Eve!
5 comments:
Everything looked like so much fun! It makes me excited to have a family and make the Holidays special and fun for them.
I loved the baby Jesus in the hay. Just be careful when trying to make memories, that you don't wear yourself out.
These years are the ones you will remember all your life. Though it is the most hectic and frustrating - you WILL look back and wish you could do it all over when the kids are grown and gone.
What fun traditions! Glad you had a great Christmas!
Those are some really creative traditions. I've played that train game. I need to give it another go, becuause it's hard to get down the first time. Any pool time is great memories for the kids too!
I loved seeing your Christmas pictures. It looked like a great time.
Post a Comment