Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm back...January Recap

Out of all the months of the year, I struggle the most in January. I tend to get seasonal depression and after the holidays, I just burn out. This year was actually a better January than I've had in the past. It hasn't been as rainy as past winters and I've been pretty busy this month. Even though I haven't felt "depressed", I have struggled in several areas...including blogging. I'm usually pretty good about keeping it updated, but I only did one post last month and it was about December! So, February is usually the month that I get refocused and back on track. So, I'm back!

Here's what we've been up to:

1) Our Christmas continued into January. My sister was planning on bringing the gifts from the rest of our family in Utah, but with the snow we had, my sister and the gifts couldn't make it for Christmas either. So, they were mailed and we enjoyed Christmas again when the packages arrived.

Cayden loved his "Spiderman Webs" his Uncle Matt made for him. He decorated silly string with Spiderman stickers and Cayden had a blast. He went through both his cans in no time and we had webs everywhere!

It was even funnier when he got in his Spiderman costume.

My sister, Samara, gave us everything for a fun movie night.

2) We were blessed to spend every weekend, except New Years, with family! We made a trip down to Roseburg to visit Jared's sister. We even saw Jared's parents while we were there. Because of certain circumstances, we rarely get to see his parents. While we were there, we made tamales. We've been wanting to do that for a long time!

3) My brother flew out for a weekend. Last time we saw him, Brenna was only a few months old. While he was out, he introduced us to Agricola, a fun farming game. He also had a security system installed. He's an awesome sales manager for Platinum Protection. And the kids favorite part of his visit is he hooked us up with a Wii and we love it! Even Cayden can play it!
4) I turned 31 on the 28th. We didn't do very much, but I got a new camera. Now my parents, both sisters, and I have the same camera, but different colors! I just have to learn how to use it.


5) I was able to be in the temple with my family. My grandma took out her endowments (she was baptised 2 years ago) on the 27th and the sealings were preformed on the 31st. My grandma was sealed to my grandpa (who passed away almost 9 years ago), my mom was sealed to them ( her mom & step-dad), my mom and step-dad were sealed, and then my grandpa was sealed to his parents. It was a very sweet experience. I just wish all of our family could have made it out here.


6) My sister and her husband were here last weekend for the sealing. We had a fun visit with them too. Samara & Scott love to play games and always brings new ones for us to try out. This time we learned to play Five Crowns. We also played Tri-ominos and Ticket to Ride Marklin. It was fun having games that they hadn't played before.

We really enjoyed all the time we were able to spend with family last month. I know that it will be awhile before we get to see any of them again.
Oh...and Faith lost a tooth and Brenna got a cute bob haircut last month. The part where Cayden cut her hair is almost grown out.

2 comments:

Steph said...

My friend was just telling us about Agricola. They just got it and want us to come play.

Arya said...

Glad your doing good. January always seems to be the month to take a breather...now comes the taxes...lol