They say writing something down is the first step to making it happen and that you are more likely to accomplish your goal if you write it down. So here it goes...
I have a goal of running the Starlight Run on May 30th!
I was at a play group a couple of weeks ago with some of the moms in my ward at church. Many of the sisters run (even marathons) and work out at the gym regularly. Almost everyone I know at church goes to the gym regularly. Some even teach classes there!
They started talking about the Starlight Run. It's a Fun Run during the Rose Festival and a group of them ran it last year dressed as bees. They are hoping for a bigger swarm of bees this year and I was encouraged ( along with some others) to do it. They say it's an easy 5K and just for fun.
I used to be pretty athletic, but my last regular workout program was while I was pregnant with Cayden! I've gone walking, but I've never really been a runner (although I was always one of the top girls to finish back in PE). But, I agreed to try. I have thought for awhile that it would be a great accomplishment, but never saw myself doing it on my own. They say four months is plenty of time to get myself ready. I have been wanting to start exercising regularly to get more energy and get in better shape, so I am excited about trying this.
I started running that same day with my friend, Julie. I have been trying to go 3 times a week. The first few times were hard and I just wanted to walk again as soon as I started running! I also bought a pair of running shoes and it has been great getting out! I could feel that running was easier the last times I went. I can go farther without feeling like I need to stop. I can feel my stamina increasing. Feeling the improvement makes it easier to keep working!
3 comments:
Great Goal...and thanks for a good run today in the wonderful sun!
I know that you can do it! You guys will be the cutest swarm of bees out there.
You go girl! Make our swarm bigger! Don't worry I only had two weeks to prepare last year. You'll do good.
Post a Comment