Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No More "Dater"

Slowly but surely, Cayden's speech is improving. He masters the sounds and articulation in class, but they don't show up in his speech at home for awhile. I noticed the other day that he is now saying the "w" sound more! I was surprised to hear "I want water" instead of "Cayden dant dater". When we would try to help him with the sound, he would go "wa wa wa -dater". He just couldn't say "water".

He also is starting to say "I" or "me" instead of referring to himself in the third-person. We have been working on that for awhile and he is now starting to correct himself on his own. He is really trying. I loved what he did today. I asked him what his name was and he thought for a second, then said, "I". It just brought a smile to my face. I'm so glad that he loves going to speech and that he is getting easier for others to understand.

No comments: