Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Party Time!

This happened last month, but better late than never, right?

The last weekend of February, we celebrated Faith's 8 1/2 birthday! Because her birthday is in the summer, we weren't able to do a party with her friends from school that she wanted to invite. She has never really had a friend party since she was 3. She has been dying to do a pool party and we agreed that we would do it for 8 1/2, when things weren't quite so hectic and she could easily invite her friends.

She loved being able to plan her party. She made her own invites on the computer and gave them to six of her friends from school. She was so happy to finally be getting her party with friends.
I hung up the streamers and balloons the night before. She didn't know that I was going to use my balloons to decorate. She had just picked out some streamers and yellow globe balloons. The palm tree I made was her favorite!
We went swimming at Firstenburg and they all had a blast! The swimming session ended 15min early due to Cayden swallowing too much water and getting sick! ( I was going to take pics of them swimming the last 10min, but they closed the pool before I went to get my camera out of the locker.)

We came back home and had tacos for dinner, opened presents, and then had her birthday cake.

She wanted a pool cake to go with her pool party. She even made a diagram of how she wanted to decorate it. She did most of the decorating herself. Since I haven't made one like this before, I had a few slight problems, but in the end, it turned out okay. If I make one again, it'll be better, but she LOVED it and we had fun doing it...after I convinced myself that it didn't have to be perfect! She ended feeling her party was worth waiting six months for.

6 comments:

Jason,Pauline,Emma said...

That looks like it was so much fun I am glad that faith really enjoyed it

Chrissy said...

That is soo cool and something I'm sure she will always remember! Tell her Happy 8 1/2 birthday! We love her!

Arya said...

How fun! I am going to do Aaron's party early because the kids get out of school in May and his b-day is in June so his friends from school can come. I am glad I am not the only one to do this.

What a fun Party, looks like she had a blast!

Steph said...

Cute cake! Too bad Caden got sick!

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

Love the cake! Sounds like the party was a lot of fun!

Wetzel Family said...

Wow, it's been awhile since I read your blog!! Sounds like you've been really busy. You were always good at making parties fun! Sorry to hear about Cayden's run in with the wall but hey his speech is improving!! You have a great outlook on life!! Money really isn't important, other than providing for our needs RIGHT?! Well, hope things are going great!:)