Cayden had speech yesterday morning and the battery in the van died while I waited in the parking lot during his class. It didn't take too long to find someone with jumper cables to get me going again, thankfully. I was afraid it wouldn't start again when I had to take him to preschool, but no problems there.
I had much to do on my "To Do" list while Brenna was napping and Cayden was at school. It didn't get done because I was stuck on the couch with cramps. And I missed out on my running because of them! Things went pretty smoothly until we started getting ready for bed. Cayden went running down the hall after his bath and the wall jumed out and got him. He hit right on the corner and cut himself pretty good. There was NO doubt that he would need stitches. This is his biggest cut so far! I got his head bandaged up and off to urgent care we went. (I am so grateful that Jared was home!)
I get to Kaiser Permanente and find out that they've changed the hours for urgent care and they are now only open on the weekends! I just stared at the sign and thought, "You've got to be kidding me! My little boy is dazed, bleeding, and hurting and they are CLOSED!". I call the number on the sign to listen to a recording of other locations and hours and there isn't anything open in Vancouver! The nearest location is about 30min away in Portland. I tried to talk to an advice nurse for directions and of course, no one answered. Jared had to look it up at home to give me directions.
I had to stop and get gas to make it there and Cayden was alseep before I made it to the gas station. (I later releaized that I lost my debit card there and had to call and cancel it when I got home! I was so focused on getting him to the doctor and HOW to get there, that I don't remember what I did with it. Luckliy, I grabbed the checkbook before I left so I could still pay the co-pay.) I made it to urgent care without any problems and even found a parking spot right outside the entrance. We got there and waited and WAITED. We spent 2 1/2 hours there.
Cayden was his normal self by the time they were ready to do the stitches. I was worried about him for awhile because he was groggy and hurting. By the time they came in, he was rolling around on the doctor's stool on his tummy. He did great for the stitches. He didn't need to be restrained and he didn't even cry! They couldn't believe how calm he was...you would have thought he was asleep. They gave him the syringe they cleaned the wound with and the nurse gave him five stickers for being so good. The doctor came back and said he deserved more than stickers and gave him a teddy bear which, he named "Stitches".
6 comments:
Despite the gash on his head, he has a beautiful and happy smile! LOL, I can't believe how happy he looks. He's such a cute and innocent kid. I love him!
I was wondering how you were doing. Pete called Jared last night and heard about the accident. Gotta love how urgent care isn't open at night. Isn't that why it's call urgent? CRAZY!!!
I'm glad he did so well. He is a very cute little boy!
What a day! Hope today was better.
Ericka, that is the CUTEST picture of Cayden! He looks so pleased, despite his hard night!
I;m so proud of both os you! Tell Cayden I said to take good care of his body. It has to last a long time! He's my little sweetheart. Faith was so worried about him. They are the sweetest!
What a day is right! I hope that today was better. You deserve and nice calm day.
Post a Comment