Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Festival of Nativities

Every year, our stakes from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints put on a "Festival of Nativities" for the community the first weekend in December. They have hundreds of nativities from around the world on display. We went last year for the first time and I was in awe the whole time. They really go all out for this. My kids love Joseph's workshop where they get to make a nativity craft and the children's room which is set up like Bethlehem, complete with the starry sky. There are many nativities the kids can play with and costumes for them to dress up in and play a character in there manger scene.
Brenna loved playing with the nativities. We have this same one, but a little older version.


I dressed her up as a sheep and she didn't really want to wear too long. It was the only thing that fit.



When she saw these sheep in the manger scene, she couldn't resist. She paid no attention to the Baby Jesus. She wanted to ride the sheep and kept knocking them down. Faith even tried riding the bigger sheep.
Cayden was already tired when we went, so he was a little bit of trouble. He screamed when we tried to go through the other room where the nativities were on display. I enjoyed seeing them all, but felt rushed due to Cayden. I also felt a little annoyed because I no longer have a nativity scene. We donated three of my items last year and they were all lost. For some reason, someone else took our ward's nativities and they were never able to locate who had them.
Jared ended up taking Cayden out to the van so that Faith and I could finish looking. There was also a live nativity we wanted to see. During the little bit of time he was waiting, he listened to the radio, which drained our battery. That thing dies so quickly! We had to wait for someone to come with jumper cables. When we finally got the van started Cayden clapped and clapped and said he was so excited to go home! Just adding to the holiday memories. Next time, we won't go so close to their bedtime.
This picture is for my mom because she loves rocks! I told her about this one last year.

No comments: