Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Tag

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, & try not to be a SCROOGE! Copy this entire post & paste onto your own new post! Change all the answers so they apply to you. Then tag a bunch of people you know....Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, but sometimes a cute gift bags for those hard-to-wrap items.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We've had a real tree the past few years. I love the way it makes the house smell, but I don't like the needles. It's fun finding the perfect tree. We've talked about buying an artificial one after Christmas the past few years, but after Christmas, there is never any money left to buy a tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? The first week in December. We like to do it for Family Home Evening.
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after the New Year.
5. Do you like Egg Nog? Love it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I had lots of favorites. The two that stand out the most are my first Cabbage Patch Kid, Camilla, and my favorite My Little Pony, Moondancer, who was the most beautiful unicorn with red and purple mane. I still have them both!


7. Hardest person to buy for? My Grandma and Jared's parents.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids. They always have something they want.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I did, but we let it be displayed at the Festival of Nativities last year and we never got it back. Nobody knows what happened to our stuff!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but I will do both this year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't remember any. I'm very grateful for whatever I receive.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "A Christmas Story" and I love "Elf".
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The sooner the better. I'd like to be done by Thanksgiving, but that hasn't happened yet.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably one from a white elephant gift exchange.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sweet treats and yummy cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? My family prefers colored, but I would love to do white sometime.
17. Favorite Christmas song? How can I pick a favorite? I love them all!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course! Can't everyone?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open one present on Christmas Eve from a family member, usually a grandparent. All the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Greedy, selfish people and long lines.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love snowflakes and snowmen.
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Ham, scalloped potatoes, veggies, rolls, and pie.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Jared and I want to get ourselves a new camera.

I tag Arya, Alicia, and Michelle Albert.

No comments: