Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Hair Cut

Faith finally had her hair cut last Tuesday! She has been waiting a long time. She was excited and I was a bit sad. I surprised myself when I cried as her braid was cut off. I'm emotional, but not normally that emotional and I don't have pregnancy as an excuse this time. Anyway, I have loved her long hair, mostly. We have had many mornings when brushing it was a painful ordeal. She has been growing it out to donate to locks of love. She has been wanting her hair to be shoulder length and was going for 10 inches below that. She decided to go a bit shorter and I think it looks great! It is so much easier to manage now and it looks much healthier. Brushing it is no longer a chore and she actually is wanting it styled! She hated anything done with her hair before. She has even let me use the flat iron which was a big shocker. She doesn't like anything hot near her head.


Faith was shy about getting her picture taken after her hair cut. We could not get her to look up. With the weight of her hair gone, the curl really came out and it was gorgeous. She thought she looked funny because in her opinion, it was just frizzy! She's not used to having body. After the curl was gone the next day, she let me take her picture with her braid.

6 comments:

Steph said...

Looks so cute Faith! I noticed it at activity days, but was kinda crazy, so I never stopped to say anything.

Chrissy said...

Wow, it looks really cute and a lot was cut off! Her hair was gorgeous with the curl! Too bad she probably won't want to style it curly like that. I'm glad she likes it. Cutting your hair is fun. I'm thinking about it, too.

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

I love her new hair cut! It looks sooo cute!

Coastalgrannie said...

It makes her look so much more grown-up! And I LOVE the curls! Let them live, Faith! It looks darling! A new look for a new school year. Hope the first day at school was fun - I know you have been looking forward to it, Faith. See you Sunday.

Jason,Pauline,Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason,Pauline,Emma said...

Thats a really neat hair cut faith and it looks really great.