Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (Alicia)
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
Let's see what I can come with.
1. I have a thumb that looks like a toe. I slammed it in the sliding glass door when I was little. I used to tell people that I lost my thumb and they put a toe on instead. It really looks pretty strange. It's quite a bit smaller than my other thumb and it bends funny.
2. My skin is super sensitive in a crazy kind of way. There are some textures that I can't stand touching me. Sometimes I can't wear denim, especially if it is stiff. Or when clothes come out of the dyer, they are too warm for me to touch. I get goose bumps when I touch them. I'm the same way with certain papers, like newspaper and the cheap brown paper towels in bathrooms. I used a napkin at dinner tonight and then was covered in goose bumps. Even the thought of it gives me goose bumps all over! I used to work at a Dairy Queen and my friend would chase me around the store with the dry towels to see me get goose bumps. She thought it was hilarious.
3. I was given the nickname of "Air-icka" when I was in marching band. I played the trumpet and never had enough air to hit the higher notes. I was never very good at the trumpet. I played in elementary school, 7th grade, and as a freshman in high school. I quit band for cheerleading. I was much better at cheering and dancing. I was going to try to do both like I did in 7th grade, but it really wasn't possible in high school. I just couldn't cheer and do the halftime show at the football games!
4. I was born with strabismus, which is cross-eyed. I had a lazy eye and had surgery when I was 18 months and then again when I was in 3rd grade. I also had to wear a patch over my eye which was embarrassing at school. I wasn't good at making friends and having to wear an eye patch didn't help things. Because of my eye problems, I don't have depth perception.
5. I once got a hole-in-one while blind-folded! At my graduation, my friend David's parents kidnapped us and took us around blind folded in our gowns. We went miniature golfing, ate dinner at the mall, and even went bowling all blind folded! The blind folds didn't last long at the bowling alley because we kept crashing the balls into the lane dividers! We were asked to take them off so we wouldn't break the equipment. I'm sure we got a lot of funny looks that night, but I wouldn't really know because I couldn't see. I spent most of the night laughing though. His family always came up with the funnest things.
6. I don't like spicy foods. My mom ate lots of Mexican food while pregnant with me and I just can't stand anything hot. Even mild salsa is too much for me. My burritos have to be plain bean & cheese. I do love cinnamon though. My husband thinks it's weird that I can't do spicy hot, but cinnamon hot is one of my favorites! You can often find a box of Hot Tamales in my pantry.
Wow, that took awhile for me to do. So now I tag-
Pauline, Aubre, Stefanie w, Stephanie P, Amy, Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment