I have felt like I have been on an emotional roller coaster for the past three weeks, but I think the ride is finally over! It hasn't been too crazy, more like one of the kiddie roller coasters, but after the long ride, I've been wanting off! My mood has just been up and down, up and down, and so on. Nothing too major happened, just normal life stuff and it slowly wore me down. August was really busy with four birthdays and three anniversaries in the family. We had company visiting, a trip to Medford, my Olympic singing time that I put hours of prep into, getting Faith ready to go back to school, and preparing for her baptism. Everything just wore me out and it got to the point last week where there were more downs than ups.I really don't like it when I feel like this. I ended up crying over things that didn't require tears. Everything became a big deal. I tried hard to improve my mood, but it would just go back down. I have slowly been refilling my spiritual, emotional, and physical reservoir and it's starting to pay off. I'm finally feeling like myself again and my family is grateful. My husband was so supportive. He cooked dinner most of last week and did the grocery shopping so I could focus on the other things I needed to accomplish. I'm so blessed my have him in my life.
4 comments:
I'm glad your feeling better! I HATE feeling down, why can't we always feel up?! You do have an incredible husband. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I love hearing from you!
I called mine - "stess sandwich!" How funny! ANY time we are trying to make spiritual advances, Satan calls in the reserves. Your first child being baptized. A new baby in the family. Matt getting ready for his endowments. Tom and I waiting to hear about being able to be sealed. These times catch the Advisary's attention - and NOT in a good way. What a wonderful time we had with you guys! I know it was stressful but such a great milestone! Jared has a heart the size of Goliath! (I mean that in a good way) He doesn't just SAY he loves you. He shows you everyday by what he does. We all love him.
I think I am just going to crumble and sleep for a week now that it's all over.
Ericka, I love you. I'm sorry you had a few crazy past weeks. I can see you not making filling your "canteen" a priority to fill, but it is and I hope you find time and ways to do things for yourself and treat yourself if you haven't already. I can go on but I don't even know if that's the problem so I won't rant on it. Just know that I love you!
Post a Comment