Saturday, September 27, 2008

Goodbye Summer

The leaves have been changing color and are beginning to fall. The weather is cooling down and the days are getting shorter. Although the autumn colors are beautiful, I am always sad to say goodbye to summer. We took our pool down after school started and that really signaled to me that summer was really ending.

I had a love/hate relationship with our pool this year. I loved that the kids had so much fun swimming and were able to keep cool on the hot days. But that pool could really frustrate me at times. There was a hole in the top ring and I had to pump it up every time the kids wanted to swim. I never found a cover so keeping it clean was harder that it needed to be. The pump leaked and I couldn't get replacement o-rings for it. I also had to patch holes in the pool throughout the summer. I could never keep the water level where it should be. But the kids loved swimming in it.





Right before Brenna threw a handful of dirt in the pool. I always had to keep her away because she threw everything in the pool. And she would pull down on the side and let the water out!
We also had a frog that made regular visits to the pool. Because the pool never stayed full, he would hide under the top ring. Cayden would sometimes put him in the pool to see him swim. Now that the pool is down, we hear him by the wood pile. There are actually a few of them and we can hear them around the yard sometimes.

I don't want to go through the same trouble with this pool next year. So,we posted the pool on Craigslist and next year we will buy a new pool! Goodbye Summer, goodbye pool!

2 comments:

Coastalgrannie said...

I know how you feel. I dread the dark. I'm grateful to be home right now. It feels so right, I hope the financial, insurance side all works out. But the Lord has always made righteous desires possible. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

I'm really happy to see you blogging again. I love the pictures - I have a couple good ones of your little frog buddy that Matt took playing with Cayden. I'll post them.

Wetzel Family said...

I love fall too! And spring! I just wish it would stick around longer. Hope things are going good.