Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another Projected Completed!

When we first moved into our house, there was so much that needed to be done both indoors and out. It has been a slow process, but we have been working on it. It is much better now than when we moved in, but we still have a LONG way to go.

This is the picture from our home inspection. I thought I had a better picture of the yard when we bought it, but I guess I don't.

For a long time we have felt that our yard has been one of the worst on our street. The first thing we did to the yard was cut down the overgrown bushes that blocked the front windows. The windows had no screens and when we opened them, we could hardly close them because of the branches coming through the window! In January we replaced all the windows and cut down the ugly, half-dead trees in the front yard. We also had our arborvitaes trimmed half way down. They were so tall that a bunch of them could no longer stand up straight and leaned far over into our yard. I just hated how our yard looked every time we came home and cutting down those trees was a HUGE improvement!

For our latest project on the yard, we have been wanting to put brick pavers along our driveway so people don't have to walk in the muddy grass when Jared's car is parked in the driveway. In August, Jared dug out the ground where he wanted the pavers and it has just been there growing weeds waiting for him to have time to work on it. I wanted it done before it starts raining all the time. Jared took a day off this week and got it done!


I'm so glad that this is finally done! Just another step to making it our home. We plan to redo the grass and do some other planting in the Spring. We also want to add pavers to the other side of the driveway. It is all rock right now. I guess I'll have some time now to figure out what we really want to do. I'm just not to good at the whole landscaping thing. We will also be needing to do the roof which will help with the curb appeal.

4 comments:

Coastalgrannie said...

I really like how that looks! It adds a lot to the front entry. It will make it easier for Grandma with her walker, too. He sure did a great job! It ties in nicely with the stone on the garage.

Vicia said...

Wow, Jared did a great job! I love the bricks. It really looks good!

Steph said...

Wow! Your house looks amazing! So much better! Pete wants to do pavers in our backyard. He'll have to call Jared for some advice.

Chrissy said...

I don't know why I haven't seen this blog until now. It looks great! He did such a good job. Also, you got a great "before and after" picture of the house, lol! The before pic is all gloomy, rainy and with bare trees. And then the after pic is all blue skies, green grass and trees. It really does look better. You can actually see how cute your house is and show off the bay window that always looks good.