Thursday, October 16, 2008

Little Quirks

So I'm doing another tag. This time it's some of my quirks. I had to list random things about myself last time and some of them were quirks, so it's taken some time to think of some more to share. So here it goes:

1. I've said before that I'm sensitive to touch. This quirk goes along with that. I need to have something covering me to be able to sleep. I need to feel the weight of it on me. Even if I'm trying to sleep in the car, I need to have a sweater or something to at least cover my arms. And at night, the "heavier" the better. If a blanket or quilt isn't heavy enough, I don't sleep well.

2. I love the smell of "clean"... Pine-sol, Windex, Comet, bleach, chlorine, ect. My favorite is bleach and chlorine. When I walk into an indoor pool and get a big whiff of the chlorine smell in the air-I love that! I even sometimes smell the swimsuits after we get home to smell the chlorine. I do the same with towels after they are bleached. I love to smell things that are freshly bleached!

3. I have to have our blinds closed a certain way. If you close them one way, it lets light through and I don't like that. Jared used to close them wrong and I always went and re-closed them. Jared will sometimes close the blinds in our room backwards and a streetlight down the street reflects in the mirror and I can't go to sleep. He says to close my eyes and I won't see it, but I need to have it closed the right way anyways.

4. I hate to make phone calls! I get nervous, my palms sweat, my heart rate picks up, and I find a reason to put off making the phone call. It's terrible really. I sometimes need the strength of prayer to make the calls. So if I call you, it's a big accomplishment for me. If I don't call, now you know why.

5. My hands shake when I'm nervous. When I have to get up in front of people, I get really nervous. I've been the music leader in Primary for 16 months now and my hands STILL shake before I have to get up in front of everyone! My pianist thinks its so funny. Our program at church is this Sunday and I'm afraid my whole body will be shaking because the whole congregation will see me. My hands are shaking so bad right now that I can barley type because I'm thinking about Sunday, Yikes!

6.This one is pretty strange and I don't think I have ever told anybody. I didn't even tell my husband until this morning and I almost couldn't get through it because I was laughing so much. Have you ever played the game where you can't step on lines or cracks when you were a child? It's something like that, but I do it when I'm riding in the car. I imagine that the car can only drive on shadows. So when I pass the shadow of something (another car, street light, road sign, bridge, cloud, and so on) the car drives on the road and then jumps or flies to the next shadow, depending how big the distance is. I don't do this very often and never while I am driving. Only when I'm on a long car ride and am REALLY bored.

So, there you go. I guess another thing would be that I'm not good at being short and simple. I like to explain things. I've been told I don't know the meaning of "simple".

Rules:
Link to 6 people that follow your blog.
Mention on their blog that you've tagged them.
Tell 6 unsuspecting quirks about yourself and ask them to do the same.

I tag my mom, Chrissy, Samara(who hasn't blogged in 2mo) Vicia, Pauline, and anyone else who hasn't done this.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I can relate to your quirks, I think we are alike. Especially on the phone call one, I hate phone calls.

Alicia Jane said...

i so relate to the phone call one! I practically NEVER call people back and making appointments? well, let's just day that i have been needing to make dentists appointments for the past year (i know, i'm horrible) but yet keep putting it off because it involves calling someone!

Sarah said...

We are more alike than we both know! I feel your pain about the blinds! I too am a one way girl! Phone calls, me too! And the smell of clean love it, yet doesn't happen very often at my house! We have an air purifier that cleans the air in our home and it smells a bit of chlorine. I don't notice it when I'm just hanging at home, but when I come in from being gone, I can smell it and I love it! Thanks for doing the tag!

Stacey said...

I already heard you about the shaky hands...no one will notice :> I don't mind making calls, I just hate getting stuck on the phone when I've got a lot of calls to make/return. I like it when I need to leave a message about something and get the machine!