Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Superhero

The secret is out! Cayden's secret identity is revealed.
Our little boy loves Spiderman. He think he is Spiderman and has me tell him bedtime stories about him being Spiderman. He really wanted to be the black Spiderman for Halloween this year. It's the first year that he has cared to choose his own costume. We bought his costume on Saturday and he has pretty much been living in it. We occasionally get visits from Cayden now and then.

The first thing he did once he was Spiderman was attack the vacuum!


He made his "webs" around the house and hung out in them.

He even had to sleep in his costume! He was holding the mask so sweetly, like he was protecting it.
Getting him ready for church this week was a real challenge. I had to peel his costume off while he kicked and screamed and fought to get him in his church clothes. As soon as he was dressed, the mask went back on. He understood that he would NOT be wearing it to church. I snapped a shot of them ready for church. Under his jacket, Cayden is wearing the tie he got for his birthday. He insisted on having his jacket zipped with hood on though. He is smiling under the mask. He told me so. I'm so glad that he is finding such joy in his costume. He will be wearing it long after Halloween is over.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

LOL, every picture kept getting better and better! I love it! That is so funny and cute. In the last picture both the girls look so beautiful!

Steph said...

We have that same costume! It doesn't get worn nearly as much.

The Morgans said...

Cambree wore a Snow White costume everyday for 1 1/2 year I would get her dressed real cute then turn around and she would change. One time I took her to my husbands work and 1 of his coworkers made the comment that they had never seen her wear normal clothing.

Jason,Pauline,Emma said...

Thats a cute costume,he sure will have fun wearing it, sounds like he sure does love spiderman alright he looks so cute in that costume I hope he has lots of fun wearing it for halloween this year

Vicia said...

Rosemary was batgirl last year. I couldn't keep the costume off of her. I just threw it away in April, I think, because I wanted her to start looking forward to this Halloween. Funny how kids are. Caden is very cute sitting on his web.