Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Faith's Special Day


Faith's special day...September 7, 2008. It's the day she was baptized. I have been looking forward to her baptism for sometime and for some reason it has been a very emotional experience. Even getting her dress was emotional. We had a few bumps in the road, but in the end, her dress was perfect! I don't know why, but it has been hard for me to just sit and write about the experience, which is why it has taken me so long to post it. I'm so happy about the decision that she has made. It's the most important choice that she has made so far. She thinks it is the most special and important day of her life, but I think being sealed together in the temple was just as special. She just doesn't remember.

There were three of Faith's friends that were also baptized with her. It was funny to watch her with her friends, Elizabeth and Brooklyn, as they jumped down the hall after changing into their jumpers. They were so excited and said they were jumping because they were wearing jumpers! I felt like Faith's feet barely touched the ground that night.

Faith and Elizabeth

I felt so grateful and thankful during the baptismal service. I had the privilege to lead the music for the baptism. As our ward's Primary music leader, I get to go to the baptisms each month and lead the music. It was a special experience being able to do it at my own daughter's baptism.

As Faith sat there ready to be baptized, I reflected on the last time that she was dressed in white. She looked like an angel when we were sealed in the temple together. She was barely a year old. When they brought her into the sealing room, she had a little white bow someone had hand made in her hair. A friend of mine used that bow and made a bow for her to wear at her baptism. I love how she had something from that special day to be part of this special day.

I also thought about a crossroad I was once at. I chose the path that the Lord had for me, even though I did not see or understand where it led. I'm always so grateful that I took the harder path, for it has brought me countless blessings. I knew that night that if I had chosen what I wanted for my life, I would not be enjoying this blessing.



My parents and grandma were the only members of my family that were able to attend. Being there was really special to them. After the baptism, we had Faith's choice for her special treat...ice cream sundaes. We gave Faith eight cherries for her special day.


3 comments:

teamZ said...

It was a very special, and emotional day. I am so happy to have shared it with your family.

Steph said...

It was a beautiful baptism. All three girls looked so pretty in their white dresses. I now get to look forward to Brandon's special day in three months.

The Wright Famdamily said...

Congratulations Faith!!! We are so proud of your decision to be babtized.
Love from the Wrights.