Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Missing the Olympics

The closing ceremony for the Olympics was on Sunday and I am missing them. We don't watch TV on Sundays, but I did watch part of the closing ceremonies and even shed a few tears. I have been so emotional this weekend. I really have enjoyed watching them for the past two weeks. I had a hard time figuring out what I would do instead last night. Nothing was on TV and Jared was working, so I read and went to bed.

My favorite events were swimming and gymnastics, but I like watching whatever is on. I got into the Olympics more this year and Faith thought it was funny when I cheered on the USA! There were some really good moments, especially in swimming and gymnastics. I loved watching Phelps win his eight gold medals!

Even though the Olympics are now over, I have been doing Primary Olympics for singing time the past two weeks. We even had our own torch relay! We have been doing our training and preliminary rounds and this Sunday we will have our Olympic games! They have qualified to go to the finals by scoring an 8 on each of the verses to the songs we have learned. Now they will be able to earn a medal for each of the songs. It's going to be a lot of fun and I know the kids are excited! This is the biggest singing time I've done and it has taken a lot more work, but it's such an excellent review. And the best part is that they don't even realize that they are reviewing the songs! I just hope that it flows like I see it in my head. I have the whole time on Sunday, so I want to make sure that it fills the 40 minutes! The last time I had the whole time, I did Jeopardy. The Olympics will be a lot more fun!

4 comments:

teamZ said...

I loved the Olympics, but I am enjoying going to bed earlier. I also love that the kids don't even realize the "Olympics" is reveiw. They all sing their hearts out.

Wetzel Family said...

Great idea for singing time! Your so creative!! It was so fun to hang out with you and to see your house. I miss you a lot! I am reading Breaking Dawn, I got it the day we came home and I am still not done. I am prolonging it, I don't want to finish it cause I know there isn't another one. I got Jared's message on our blog- tell him thanks. I wish we could of hung out like old times and played games. Maybe when you come out!

Jason,Pauline,Emma said...

That is sure a wonderful Idea I know that the kids would enjoy it so much.Its always fun to do singing time different it makes the kids get excited about singing.

Alicia Jane said...

you've been tagged:0) check out my blog!