Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Horseshoe Lake

We went to Horseshoe Lake on Friday with some other families from church. The lake is about 25min away and we had a really good time. It was so nice to be there because it was so hot that day! Faith and Cayden loved playing with all the other kids. Cayden kept wandering off to other groups of kids who were digging in the sand.

The younger girls made a little swimming pool for Brenna. They were so excited when it was ready and I put her in it. When they would add too much water, it would start to overflow and they would rush almost in a panic to get the walls built back up! So cute! Brenna enjoyed it for a little bit and then wanted to go back in the lake. Later, she would cry when I would try to put her back in.

Faith spent most of the time in the water playing with her friends. She did go up and play on the playground for a little bit. She was nervous about going in the water at first because she was worried about her newly pierced ears.

Brenna kept wanting to go back and forth from the lake to our blanket so she could get a snack. There is a slight hill between the beach and the grass. It was so funny to watch Brenna as she tried to climb up it. She could only make it half way.
Jared was working, so I spent all my time chasing after Brenna. I look forward to when I can go again with Jared so we can play with Faith and Cayden in the water too.

While we were at the lake, there was a fire nearby that closed down the freeway. We can see the highway from the lake and everyone was at a stand-still. We were wanting to get home in the early afternoon before it got too hot and so little ones could take their naps. After seeing that the cars still weren't moving after an hour, we decided to find our way home on the back roads. Another family had GPS and so we followed them. It was a LONG drive home. I was so hot when we finally got home that I dunked myself in the pool. Faith and Cayden thought it was funny. It ended up being a RV that caught fire and sparked brush fires on both sides of the freeway. The freeway was backed up 1o miles in each direction at one point. Even the back roads were backed up for five miles trying to get on the freeway and we were in that wait. I'm glad that nobody was hurt.

3 comments:

tashia said...

awwww it looks like u guys had fun at the lake . im glad no one got hurt in the fire also. we just had that happen last week when a haytruck caught on fire and traffic was at a stand still for 3 or 4 hours from albany to salem no one got hurt there either

cjdustin said...

That was a really fun time. I'm glad we all got home safe and sound.

Jason,Pauline,Emma said...

I loved the pictures brenna looks so cute in the little swimming pool that was made for her its great that faith and cayden had fun.