I finished Breaking Dawn yesterday and I have to say that I liked it, but it wasn't what I expected. I never imagined that Bella would get pregnant or that Jacob would imprint on Renesmee. I figured that since Bella did become a vampire that Jacob would imprint on someone, but not on her child. I actually thought that maybe he had already imprinted on Bella and that was why it was so hard for him. In Eclipse, Jacob tells Bella that he's exactly right for her and he was the natural path her life would have taken if the world had been a sane place without monsters and magic and she knew that he was right. So then I thought he would end up with Leah and I was shocked when he imprinted with the baby he wanted to kill.I have always been neutral when it came to Edward and Jacob. I think Bella would have been happy with either one, but that she would have to make sacrifices. I really didn't have any expectations for the book. I wasn't even sure that she would become a vampire, but she almost needed to because of the Volturi. I didn't want to imagine her going through the newborn stage and I liked that she sort of skipped it. With Edward and Jacob, I thought she might choose one, something bad would happen, and she would end up with the other. The plot twists didn't make me hate it like other reviews that I read. People either loved it or hated, but I have to say I'm satisfied with the ending. I like happy endings and was prepared for some tragedy, but it really never came. I was looking forward to the fight at the end, but it never came to a fight. It would have been cool to see the Volturi get beat. I thought there would be a great battle like in Harry Potter, but everybody just walks away. It was a little anti climatic, but peace is good too. Everyone got their happy ever after.
It wasn't my favorite book in the series, but it still kept my excitement from beginning to end. It had a different tone than the other books. I thought it was better than The Host, which took me a lot longer to read and a bit boring. It didn't hold my attention like the Twilight books do. I am sad that the story is over...for the most part. I'm looking forward to Midnight Sun and the movies. It would be interesting to have books about the other characters. Renesmee's story would probably be interesting. I didn't think that it was as bad as some people have been saying. I think that it was a great love story.
No comments:
Post a Comment