Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break in Hermiston


We spent Spring Break this year over in Hermiston with my sis-in-law, Petula. Her husband had to go to a 2 week training for his job and she was going to be home alone with her 5 kids. Since Faith was out of school for the first week of his training, we headed out there to help her out. We headed out there Saturday afternoon. We took seperate cars so Jared could drive back home Monday. Sadly, he didn't have a week off from work.

Ammon, Liam, Kezia, Chani, & Talia

I loved seeing my nieces & nephews again and helping out Petula. It was fun taking them to school each morning (their spring break was the week before Faith's). We had the DVD player and screens hooked up from our drive out there and Liam hoping to watch a movie on the way to school. Petula & I stayed up later than we should have talking, watching movies, organizing the garage for a garage sale, pricing items, and eating candy. The days were a little chaotic at moments when the kids had their dissagreements. It can feel a little crazy with 8 kids together for a week and half of them 3 and under! Overall, I think they enjoyed the time they spent together. They don't get to see their cousins too often.

Brenna also had some "firsts" while we were there. She has been walking along the furniture lately, but she started pushing the toy around and walking across the room with it! She even could ride on it. We would sit her on the toys and she would walk/ride it across the room. She also was standing longer before falling down. She took a bath in the big bath tub with a tub seat. She actually had more fun without one. And she started climbing up the stairs before we left! She just looks too little to be doing all this. She is developing so fast. She will probably be walking earlier than Faith and Cayden.

Check out the slide show from our trip

1 comment:

Arya said...

Petula looks awesome! I knew they moved away from the coast I never did hear where. I just love blogs - I get more info then from my mom...lol