Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cayden got stitches again!


I had to take Cayden in last night to get stitches. He needed stitches 3 months ago right after Christmas. This time it was his lip and he only needed two. We were just about to go to the church for our Lip Sync and Lasagna activity when he fell and cut his lip on the brick hearth of our fireplace. I gave him a towel for the bleeding, loaded the kids in the van and headed to the church because I knew our home teacher would be there and he is a paramedic. I thought it needed stitches, but I wanted him to look at it to make sure. Sure enough, I needed to take him in. I left Faith and Brenna at the church with a sister I visit teach and headed off to urgent care. Once I was there, they said it would be about a 30 minute wait. We ended up waiting 1 1/2 hours before we were called back and then it was another 30 minutes before they started the stitches. It was 10:00 pm before I made it home. Jared had to leave work between the flight to pick up the girls from the church and get them to bed. He went back to work after I got home with Cayden. It sure wasn't what I wanted to do last night. Oh, and when I was getting the kids ready to go, it was snowing and hailing. And it is almost April! Crazy weather this year. It feels like winter is back.

Cayden asleep after getting his stitches.

Snow and hail

No comments: