Cayden has been doing speech therapy since October. Last month he started doing it at Faith's school once a week. While he is in his class, I get to help in Faith's classroom. Well, they had a fire drill during his class time yesterday. Cayden was frightened because he didn't know what was going on. The alarm was sounding and lights flashing. The speech pathologist carried him out of the building. I caught up to them outside and could tell be the look on is face that he was a little shocked. We explained to him that they were practicing for an emergency. He was telling me about the noise that he heard.
"Mommy, big noise in my class! Tall, tall, tall noise!"
If things are bigger than big, they are tall, tall, tall to him. He picked up the phrase from the primary song "Once there was a snowman". "Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman, once there a snowman tall, tall tall..." I'm glad that he is getting better at describing things and communicating what he is feeling. I am so proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment