Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My dishes get a bubble bath!

Everyone should have to do this at least once and I hope that this time will count for me. With my kids, it will probably not be the last. I'm not even quite who is to blame; it might just be me. When I went to start the the dishwasher this morning it was mostly already full, but had not been started yet. I figured Jared probably waited until after my shower because I don't like sharing my hot water with the appliances! The soap dispenser was closed, but when I checked it, it was empty and so I added the soap and started the dishwasher. When I walked by a little later, I noticed water coming from underneath. I opened the door and bubbles and suds start spilling out all over! So my only guess is that one of the kids stopped the cycle and it got double soap, or they poured in dish soap or hand soap! That is most liking what happened because it didn't look like it was started before and with that many bubbles, it had to be that.So, after taking some pictures, because I know I'll laugh about this later and it helps me see the humor in moments like this, I start the task of de-sudsing my dishwasher.

Brenna was put in the excersauser to keep her out of the mess and Cayden & I started scooping out the suds. He thought it was great! I used towel to clean up the rest of the water and bubbles until I felt it was safe to start again. I put it on rinse and next thing I know is my dishwasher is full of bubbles again! I unloaded all the dishes this time and put the sudsy rack in the bathtub to clean off. I tried to use the shop vac to clean it up faster and it stopped working after a minute. Go figure. So I searched the internet really quick for an easier solution. I didn't want to be doing this all morning! Brenna was already tired of being confined and was screaming. Cayden was bored of the bubbles by this point. I learned that if you pour salt on the suds, it gets rid of them. It worked like magic! Then I put 2 cups of white vinegar in and ran it through a cycle. I thought I might have to do several cycles, but one did the trick. Now that my dishwasher and floor are extra clean...I need to get those dishes back in and get them clean too.

1 comment:

The Morgans said...

Sadly enough a couple of months ago we ran out of dish detergent so my husband decided dish soap was the same. I sat and argued but I learned a long time ago that he has to learn for himself "I just used a little" but guess who spent an hour cleaning up the bubble mess.(Me, of course) Hailey said "thanks dad for teaching us what not to do"