Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Amazing Race

Ericka usually does the blogging, but she wanted me to share my exciting day at work today. CBS is filming "The Amazing Race" right now and they flew into Portland this afternoon from Russia via Frankfort! It is the final leg of the race and there were 3 teams left racing. I was at the last Customs checkpoint where all arriving passengers get directed to 3 different directions. Either they go to AQI for an agriculture check; bags for a bag check; or they get kicked down the road and are free to enter the country. Since I was at that location, I got to see the final 3 teams who were obviously in a hurry to win the prize as well as the eliminated teams, since they don't get to go home until the race is over as to not spoil the show. I also got to see the host of the show and all the crew and cameramen. It was a pretty happening place to be at that time. Unfortunately due to being a highly secure area, no filming was not to be done during the inspection time, but I think there were a couple of shots taken that could be on this seasons show this fall when it airs. Some of the officers had their picture taken with Phil Keoghan, the host. Ericka says that I should have gotten one with him too so she could post it on here, but I'm not supposed to leave the checkpoint when I am working it.

No comments: