We had a fun Mother's day this year. My parents and Grandma Freeman came up for the weekend. We got chicken for dinner Saturday night at El Pollo Loco. It was a favorite place of mine to get chicken back down in California. I was SO excited when I heard that they were building one near us. Jared wait 45min to get me chicken when it opened on Cinco de Mayo. I have such a great husband! So, I got to have their chicken twice last week! After dinner, we took the kids swimming at the hotel.
Brenna loved being in this new boat...and it was a teething toy(lol). I think this was the most fun she has had swimming so far.
Jared had to work during the day on Sunday, but it was still a good Mother's Day. Faith made something at school for me and Jared got me a book I've been wanting and some Hot Tamales. My mom also brought me some flowers to put in the yard. I got to lead the primary children singing their Mother's Day song in sacrament meeting too. Afterwards, I realized that I didn't really see Faith & Cayden singing because I was just watching the WHOLE group singing. It was Cayden's first time going up too. My mom said that she couldn't see him until the end and then it was just his nose and eyes looking out over the railing and then he waved at really big at them. I'll have to watch for him when they sing for Father's Day next month.
My mom wanted to go to dinner for Mother's Day at Outback Steakhouse. I called at 11am to make reservations for 5:30 that evening. When we got to the restaurant, they had no record of our reservation! I was so frustrated. They said that it would be an hour wait, but we ended up waiting 2 hours. Jared and my parents waited at the restaurant and I took the kids and my grandma back to the hotel room. They were conveniently staying in one right across the parking lot. After we got our table, it was still an hour before we got our food! Considering how long the kids had to wait, they did really good. They didn't even get to eat until 1/2 hour past their bedtime! So, we ended up spending 4 hour trying to have our dinner and sadly, it wasn't worth the wait. Maybe that is what we get for going out to eat on a Sunday, but we had fun spending time with each other. We had planned to make cards after dinner, but we didn't even get home until 9:30pm. Faith was extremely disappointed, but has something to look forward to do when they are here next time. Here are some of the pics from this weekend.
We passed the time at Outback by taking pictures
Feeding my "Lil Bird"
Faith did an excellent job coloring her poster while we waited and waited and waited.
Brenna does not like to sit forward in the high chair. She does this in shopping carts too.
We were taking so many pictures of her, she demanded the camera.
Here are some others from after church on Sunday.
She liked playing with the baby in the mirror while we waited in the hotel room.
No comments:
Post a Comment