Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cayden's ear

I just got back from taking Cayden in for his follow up visit for his ear. His ear is looking okay and his eardrum is fine. He has a hematoma and we need to watch his ear closely for more swelling. They said we can take the compression bandage off, but he still needs to put ice on it regularly. If his ear starts to swell more or we notice that he is having hearing loss in that ear, he needs to be brought back in. They said that injuries to the ear like this, especially in little children, need to be watched closely. The ears are so sensitive and can be damaged easily. I don't want Cayden to have permanent damage. We will continue putting the ice on, which with this child, is easier said than done. He doesn't stay done very long.

1 comment:

Arya said...

I hope he heals well and there are no problems. Isn't it amazing the things children do to get a trip to the ER? lol I have spent many hours in the ER with the kids.