Checking in at the airport was quick and easy. We just went straight to the ticket counter and when they gave us our boarding pass, it was upgraded to first class! (How sweet is that?! Working at the airport and having friend in the airlines pays off!)
The flight there was long and I was a little nervous flying over the ocean. Being in first class was nice though. They brought snacks, including candy bars, all the time. And the dinner was so YUMMY!
Our first day was really just a night. Our flight didn't arrive until 8:30pm and I thought I would get there in time to see the sun set, but that happened on the plane. (Did you know that the sun sets at 7pm there?! They were going to do fireworks on the 4th at 7:30pm) So, it was dark when we arrived and by the time we got our rental car and found our hotel (we got lost), it was 10:30pm (1:30am our time).
Dark or not, I was still determined to see the beach and get my feet wet. I was tired, but I wanted to make the most of our time there. We walked down to the water and out on a little pier in front of the hotel and then we walked around Waikiki. It was pretty late when we got back to our room. I couldn't wait to wake up and see paradise in the daylight.
No comments:
Post a Comment