Monday, June 15, 2009

I Did It!

I set a goal for myself back in February that I would run a 5K. I have never been a runner, but I wanted to join the swarm and do the Starlight Run on May 30th...and I did! I was a little worried about my stamina because I was sick for 3wks with a respiratory infection and didn't get out to run for two weeks. I surprised myself when I went out running after being sick and did about 5mi and still felt like I could keep going! I knew I could handle the 3.2 miles.
I'm really glad that I tried this because I have really enjoyed getting out and running. I'm looking forward to running again when our stake has our Pioneer Activity. Who knows, maybe I'll push myself more and try the 10K!

1 comment:

Samara Staker said...

That's awesome Ericka! I'm proud of you!