Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Amazing Race

We always have the best ward activities. This year we did The Amazing Race on Memorial Day. Jared had to work that morning, so I headed to Round Lake with the kids in tow ready for the only leg of the race. It turned out I wasn't as ready as I thought I was. I took Brenna in the stroller on a trail that wasn't meant for a stroller! The first half of the hike was alright, but the second half I should have had a back pack! Luckily, I have an awesome home teacher who helped me out. The kids love him! He carried Brenna while I carried the stroller. We did a scavenger hunt along the trail looking for items from the scriptures. I missed about five of them because I was concertrating keeping my eye on Cayden and not tripping while I carried the stroller. Faith went ahead with some friends because I was too slow. My "team" finished 8th. We had doughnuts and played on the playground when we made it back to the starting point. It was a beautiful trail and we had a lot of fun. I want to go back with a backpack and my husband.







No comments: