
I have a goal this year of getting my yard in better condition. I want to have a bit of a garden, but we have a problem...ROCKS! Someone was rock happy when they landscaped this yard. It's on the sides of the house (
which isn't too bad right now) , along and under the deck, and the whole perimeter of the yard (
which is where we want to plant). Before we can do anything, we need to get rid of the rock. We moved a lot of it under the trampoline last summer so we wouldn't have to mow under it. When moving all that rock didn't make hardly a dent, I was very discouraged and gave up on working on the yard that summer.
Cayden helping shovel rocks
I started working on the rocks again this month. It took me four hours to clear a spot to plant some raspberry starts. I had to dig out the grass that has grown over the rock that I wanted to get rid of. The kids worked on the rocks too. Faith earned money for her Activity Days Camp this summer by shoveling tubs of rock.


Then we came up with a win-win situation. We had rock we wanted to get rid of and I had a friend who has been wanting to put rock on the side of her house. We spent a Saturday afternoon shoveling truck loads of rock and taking them to her house.

While we worked, the kids kept themselves busy. They decided to make a small "pool" to keep cool. They couldn't understand why we wouldn't let them fill it with water. We didn't want a huge mud puddle, but Faith kept assuring me that they took all the dirt out.


They found another way to keep cool though. I have to say that it was a pretty productive day and we got a lot of the rock out! The sad thing is that there is still a lot of rock left to get rid of. We are suppose to have more families come and take more of our rock. It's nice seeing the progress this time.

1 comment:
Wow! You're really "Rockin" with your blog tonight!! ;)
Post a Comment