Last month, I thought someone might be trying to get into the house. I had dropped Cayden off at preschool and then put Brenna down for her nap. I got comfy on the couch and started reading for a bit, enjoying my quiet time. Not much later, I heard a rustling at one of the windows in the front room. I really didn't pay too much attention until it happened again. The third time my adrenaline kicked and I started to get really nervous. I slowly walked, clutching my book, to peek into the front room, afraid of what I might see. I saw nothing as I entered and I cautiously entered a little further.
I had been looking out the front windows and I saw movement out of the corner of my eye from the side window. I glanced over and there was a robin who just landed on the fence. Seeing the bird gave me some relief. He must have been flying into the window, but then I worried that he must be hurt. As I watched him, he flew right into the window again and fell to the ground. I rushed over to the window to see if he was okay. I was worried he hurt his wing and couldn't fly any higher. That would explain him flying into the window repeatedly. But back up on the fence he flew and then onto the roof. He was fine. I closed the blinds so he wouldn't continue trying.
But back he came...again and again and again! He tried flying into 3 different windows and our sliding glass door. It didn't matter if the blinds and curtains were closed. At times he would just fly up to the glass and back without even touching it. He did this for a whole week and then quit. The kids thought he wanted to be our pet and they named him "Robin". I just thought it was the strangest thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment