.jpg)
When the hospital called, we said goodbye to the kids. We were all eager to meet this little guy!
My good friend, Julie, was able to be there and made the waiting time a lot more fun! We ended up waiting 3 hours just for the doctor to come in and give the okay to get started. I got the epidural and then they started pitocin to bring the head a little bit lower before they broke my water. They were concerned about his heart rate and stopped the pitocin, gave me oxygen, and put fetal monitors on his head. They also told me that I couldn't even have ice chips in case they needed to do a c-section. Needless to say, I was a bit worried, but everything turned out fine. He was born at 8:25pm (2 1/2 hrs after they broke my water).
Our biggest surprise was how big he was! Even the delivery nurse was guessing he wouldn't be over 8lbs. Until now, Faith was my biggest baby at 7lbs 12oz. I'm sure glad that I had an epidural for this one!!!
9lbs 10oz!
.jpg)
4 comments:
The 7 weeks have gone so quickly!
He is such a cutie!
Very good summary of your labor. I'm so curious to know how fast my labor will go. I found out from my doctor that your experiences will have no factor in how my experience will go. Labor is not heredity, which I always thought it was. So we shall see.....
I am so glad you blogged this. I was so happy to see the images via FB but to read the story that went with was awesome!
Both Aaron & Ruth were 8lbs and it was Sam who was my big'in at 10lbs...wonder what MJ will weigh...
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Post a Comment