Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back to School!

IMG_7380

We all were excited for school to start this year. This will be the only year that Faith and Cayden will be in the same school together. Faith is in 5th grade and has the opportunity to be in orchestra this year and has picked the violin. I wanted to play the violin when I was in school, but ended up playing the trumpet instead. I’m excited for her to learn to play, but I’m not looking forward to how it will sound at first. The day we picked up her violin, she kept getting it out to just look at it and broke her first string by tightening it! She cried thinking that she already broke it and wanted to give up already. We replaced the string and she is anxious to get to learn to play. They had their first class yesterday and are learning the proper way to hold the interment and I don’t think that it is like this…

IMG_3994

Cayden started kindergarten and this is the first year that our school district is doing full day/ everyday kindergarten. With having a new baby, I was pretty excited about it. With the “smart start” here, there was only six other kids from his class on his first day of school. He is really enjoying school and loves sharing what he is learning. After reading to him today, he took me on a “picture walk” through one of his books. His speech continues to improve, but he is having problems keeping his hands and feet to himself.

IMG_7387IMG_7388

I’m participating in a preschool play group with some friends for Brenna and she is loving it! She has it twice a week for two hours and I get to host it every five weeks. They are learning letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. It has been nice for her and I’m loving it because it gives me some time each week to get stuff done. Grocery shopping is much easier now!

IMG_1238

1 comment:

Sarah said...

the orchestra teacher at illahee is great! Ryan learned so much last year and it is awesome to hear the difference from the first month to their final concert. It makes me smile! Faith will do great! just keep practicing!