There have been a few changes at our house since we found out we'll be having another little boy! A week after my ultrasound, we bought some bunk beds on Craigslist and switched the kids rooms around. Cayden moved into the girls room because it's the only room that the crib will fit in. He was excited to get Faith's loft bed.

I am still working on his room as we prepare for the baby. I want to paint, but don't know what color to do and Cayden has become fond of the yellow. I think I will have a better idea of what I want once I finish making the crib bedding.

Even though the girls are in a smaller room now, they are liking it better. I thought transitioning Brenna from the crib would be hard, but it wasn't that bad. The down side is that she no longer takes naps though. She also learned quickly not to climb up the sides of the bunk bed to see Faith. The beds were only up a week and Brenna fell and hit her head on the dresser, and had her first trip to the ER!

Jared traded his car for this colorful truck. His friend at work rebuilt it and since they had about the same value, they just traded. They will paint it one color this summer and it still needs a radio and rear bumper installed. It doesn't look that great, but the engine is better than the Saturn's was. I have to admit, it has been nice having the truck for some of the projects we've been doing...like our floors!
During Spring Break we started redoing our floors. It made Easter interesting! It took us longer than we thought to do the whole project, which also included new trim. The kids were eager to help in any way they could.



We did laminate in the dining room/kitchen, entry way, and hallway. It sure has made a huge difference and we are loving it. There is still some painting that needs to be done and we will be installing white bi-fold doors for our pantry this week. I wish we could have replaced our carpet this year too, but that will have to wait until next year.
We also started working on our backyard. We thought that it would be done by now, but the weather has not cooperated! Too much rain!!! This is how it looked last Spring:

It has been rocky, bumpy, and weedy! Trying to mow it has killed the blade on out lawn mower. Just before Mother's Day, we tilled the whole thing.


This weekend we rented a yard roller to level it out and finally laid the grass seed. Well, today the rains have returned and I'm guessing it might kill the seed. Maybe just where the puddles form. I guess we'll find out in about a week. We can't wait until we have some decent grass.
I usually have a hard time with change, but I'm so happy about what we have been working on. I'm looking forward to the changes still to come for our family...Like our baby coming in about 9 more weeks!
4 comments:
Look great! That is what I love about being pregnant we tend to get so many things done.
How exciting! Change is good and exciting (sometimes). I like that the house we are renting has wood floors but sometimes wish it was carpet because then it would be easier to just vacuum but then the kids wouldn't be able to slide around "skating" in their socks...lol
wow! only 9 more weeks and your little one will be here! I am almost to the halfway point and it seems to be dragging on...I hope the time flies by for you and soon you will be holding your precious one in your arms!
Looks like someone is nesting!!! You have been busy!
Boy have you been busy!
Post a Comment